Trouble setting up my doorbell after I deleted

Hello,

I used my doorbell for 9 month no problem, then I installed a new router and changed password the doorbell stopped connecting to wifi and I stopped receiving notifications or videos. When I contacted support via chat I was told it is becuase i had special characters in my password.

The support analyst asked me to change password and remove special characters, which I did but that did not fix the problem.

So they told me to delete the device and setup as if new,  but now for 2 weeks I have tried that and setup will fail.  The device keeps complaining that the password is wrong but it is not wrong and I have several devices connecting to the same router with the same password. 

Somehow the doorbell is probably saving some data from the old setup which causes it to fail. Any help will be appreciated.

Hey @mmajzoub. Since you’ve changed the wifi password, let’s try a whole new fresh start! For this, remove the Ring app from your phone, restart your phone, and then reinstall the app! Once reinstalled, try to set up the device again and see if it setups as normal. If this continues to fail, check out our Ring Help Center Article here for more information on how adjust router settings that may need to be further addressed.

Hi Chelsea,

thank you very much for the reply.  After spending few hours yesterday I figured out the issue.  My Internet provider changed settings in one of their security update that impacted the ring app from working. 

Upon changing the settings I got it to reconnect using the same app and now it is working and recording activities again under history.

I love my ring and glad it is working again.

regards

Muhi …

2 Likes

Hello,

How did you change your settings. Im having the same issue.

Hi @Shoun3040. The settings they are referring to are your router’s settings. In Chelsea’s response, you will find the Help Center article link that covers that topic. If you do not know how to change your router settings, it’s best to contact your internet service provider if your router is provided by them. If it’s a router you purchased on your own, you will want to reach out to the manufacturer for assistance. You can also try to factory reset your Doorbell by pressing and holding the reset button for 20–25 seconds and then trying another setup. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.