Tired of video not recording

Several times, I would have a delivery person come up to the door, leave a package, turn around take and picture and then walk away and I would not get any notification and no video is recorded. Why the heck do I have the camera if its not going to record what is happening outside my door but it can pick up an truck passing in the stree?

3 Likes

I had this problem just today as well. I checked cam for packages I was expecting around noon, nothing there on live feed. I went downstairs to check at 3pm and there were 2 packages already delivered. They made 2 trips to place them on my porch and nothing recorded. But I was recorded, when I opened the door to retrieve them afterwards. These are very expensive units I purchased, and I didn’t even get a notice, no video recording, nothing.

Hi neighbors! I can assure you that our devices are intended to capture motion events, especially right within range and area of detection. The best first step for optimizing motion detection is to look into battery preservation features such as Motion Frequency and Recording Length. These settings will help to ensure back to back motions are detecting, and recording for the desired length.

Depending on device and subscription, see also our help center article about Snapshots, which can add an event between motions. In addition to the above settings, trial and error with other motion settings, will help to ensure for the best detection.

If you have stairs leading up to your Doorbell, or a unique mounting scenario, check out the Wedge and Corner kits on our accessories page at Ring.com. These can help to physically adjust your device’s angle and improve motion detection accuracy. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This response is crap. All of this was done and I am still missing recording but motion from the street is being detected. As a matter of fact I had this happen just this morning around 11.

Sometimes also when the doorbell rings, we still have to go to the door and look out to see who is there because you clink on the notification and there is nothing then several hours later when you check, the video is there. What gives???

2 Likes

My front door ring doorbell 2 camera is consistently not capturing human motion over the last few weeks. Nothing has changed to make this happen and I’ve tried modifying the settings quite a bit with still no luck. It otherwise was we FEFR for the last year never missing motion. What is wrong/has changed besides the ring 3 coming out?? To me this is clearly software side??

By the way I do use the wedge as I have a few stairs. But again, no changes made, just barely any consistent capturing over the last few weeks.

I fell ya. #MeToo

My Ring Pro (purchased right after a front door kick-in while at home) a few years ago hasn’t been working properly in the last 2 months or so. I have my sensitivity down all the way, but yet I still get alerts when the clouds cover the sun and the shadows on the active zone wall go from solid to blurred. I’ll also get alerts when a cat walks in my zone to go to my door.

But then, I don’t get delivery notifications of a package left on my porch that went directly through my zone. And when I go outside to pick it later that evening, you guessed it, no alert. I check my Ring and Chime health, and you guessed it, healthy. I’ve been annoyed so many times that I’ve looked into alternatives many times.

I started having the same issues since 5-28-20. I can’t see any live streams and it does nto record anything. I had packages delivered to my door with no notifications. Iamdefinitely not renewing my subscription next month when this device is nto working. I am looking into different systems now.

Anyone get any response from ring? I haven’t heard anything back yet.

Hey neighbors! @Shackrock As this is a neighbor to neighbor forum, it is not a direct line to support. If the recommendations from Marley were not helpful in resolving your concern with motion detection, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device and settings and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

Hi we gat the ring to see what’s going on with my birds they disappear from the cage and unfortunately today my Lucca disappeared for the cage and ring dint record anything I’m really upset with this incident I thought by getting the ring this would not happen again please let me know if there’s any way we could see what happens