Thumbnail dashboard photo never updates!

I have a gen1 Ring doorbell. Recently, several months ago it stopped having ANY thumbnail dashboard photos. This wasn’t a huge issue as the doorbell was still working at that time.

It DID stop working for several days over the weekend, with no usable video being sent, even though the website had multiple video entries.

After several resets and reboots, it is now able to get video and it now works as expected. However, the dashboard photo is stuck with one of me at my computer trying to get it to work again.

The problem is that it won’t update no matter what. The real issue is setting the motion detect zones. It keeps using that ridiculous photo and not showing what the camera outside can see, so I cannot accurately tune the motion zone.

Hi @ringone. I’m glad to hear you were able to get the Doorbell back up and running after trying a reset. When you attempt to edit the Motion Zones, what are you seeing on your end? Even if the Camera preview on the main Dashboard does not update, it should update when you are editing the Motion Zones. If it is still frozen on a still image, then I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps for this concern. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: