Test Ring Unit - Voltage is Correct but Won’t Power on

Is there a way I can confirm that my Ring Doorbell Pro is not defective? I have 18V AC to the doorbell (confirmed with multimeter) and it still won’t power on. I’ve waited 60 minutes to see if the internal battery needed to be charged.

Pressing the button on the side does nothing; the lights aren’t on and they won’t go in a circle.

I a use the multimeter to check the ring doorbell itself? Is there a way to factory hard reset the unit?

Hi @JackG1. You can try resetting the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, try walking through the setup process in the Ring App again. If it is still not working, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your device and account to determine the cause and find a solution. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: