TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi bricking Ring cameras

Great news

And I guess the multiple notifications issue should be its own thread, my problem with the 4 notifications for each motion alert was solved instantly by using a non mesh WiFi network.

My issue with ring device audio was mostly resolved (not fully tested my end yet) by disabling the event history option, in fact I can no longer see this in the app, has it been removed?

Hello,

To clarify, Now Ring devices are fully supported by Deco M5 ?

No need to disable any features ?

Thanks.

It’s more than 24 hours ago that I enabled Fast Roaming, and I’m pleased to say that I have not yet encountered problems. My Stickup Cams and Doorbell 2 are behaving exactly as they should. Motion is being detected and a single alert is generated for each occurrence. Live View is working just fine, and I’m cautiously optimistic. For the record, I have 2 Stickup Cams (wired), a Doorbell 2, and a Chime, and my network setup is a TP-Link Deco M5. I hope this information is helpful to other Neighbours (with apologies, if necessary, for my UK spelling!). I’ll continue to monitor and post if I encounter any problems, but I’m feeling very positive at the moment.

3 Likes

Is there anything I have to do to the cameras themselves. Do they automatically update? Don’t want to enable the Deco and spend hours of my day in tech support to get cameras replaced.
Thanks

Hi they update them self’s

2 Likes

It’s now 3 full days since I enabled Fast Roaming, and I’m still problem-free. As far as I’m concerned, this means problem solved. I hope this helps others.

1 Like

While I am happy to hear this… I can’t help but wonder what happens when TP-Link updates their firmware again…? Unless they are going to test it first, i assume it would be potentially a repeat of the previous “go ahead, we fixed it” situation. I will remain optimistic but will continue to error on the side of caution as I have not had to change out a doorbell or call techsupp for a few weeks and am actually enjoying getting other projects completed.

Hi @nastybynature the team is continuing to look into, research/learn/fix and ensure something like this does _ not __ _happen again. I can only offer you my personal promise that we are here for you and will always help however we can.

I reenabled fast roaming 2days ago and still going strong.
I still noticed slower response time on one of the cams as mentioned by someone else but I’m quite sure this is related to the reduced WiFi signal at that point. (Cam is mounted outside a double sided and isolated garage door made out of aluminium.)
In each case response times of the other cams seems to be improved after reenabling fast roaming.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, @Str03mf ! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 support with any questions or concerns.

I still got a issue with Deco M5. When i set fast roming on, my cams disconnect to WiFi and dies. My Cellphone devices disconnect to SSID and i have to reconnect my phones everytime. For me this product is a rubbish. Simple like that.

Ensure you have the lastest firmware on them. Do it through the app. After they did the updates I havent had any issues with my cams

I have the deco M5 mesh network which resulted in two bricked Doorbell 2 units. I can confirm that since the firmware update to resolve this issue was applied it does not fail when the network goes down during a power cut or when I have to replace the Doorbell battery.

They are updated. Cams, cellphones (Iphone) and routers.

All my devices are updated

Ring cameras keep loosing connection after “upgrading” to tplink deco M9. Both v1 and v1 doorbell…

This never happened before the router upgrade, was using a cheap netgear router. Both cameras about 30` away from D9s, and worked perfect for a few hours…

Every other device “40 total” have been working flawlessly on the new system with full signal… lightbulbs, logitech wireless cameras, tablets, TVs, etc…

1 Like

I just upgraded to the M9 Plus and every device in the house connects like a dream apart from my ring stick up cameras.

I’ve tried everything from turning fast roaming off, reserving IP address, de-regeneration and then re-registering of the cameras, guest networks but nothing works.
Help please ???

2 Likes

Your problem is a connectivity issue rather than the original topic of this thread, I don’t have either of the products that you are getting problems with but I have resolved similar connectivity issues by temporarily turning off the 5G wireless signal and just using the 2.4G signal on the Deco to establish the initial connection with the device. Might be worth a try, hope it helps.

I had the problem with my chimes on a M9 plus.

Solution:

1. Set up a hotspot on a second mobile phone and give this hotspot the same name and password as the WiFi network it should connect to, preferably a guest network.
    (To change the name of this hotspot, I had to change the name of my iPhone to give it the same name).
  2. Disable your WiFi guest network.
  3. Go through the normal installation procedure of the Ring and connect to the hotspot, which has now the name of the WiFi guest network.
  4. After installation the Ring will update for a few minutes.
  5. Kill the hotspot and enable the WiFi guest network.
  6. Restart Ring
  7. Ring is online!

Good luck!

1 Like

Any updates to the subject system not working with Ring Floodlight cameras? TIA

1 Like