System doesnt always register visitor ringing doorbell

I have missed several visitors as the doorbell doesn’t always chime, nor does the app register visitors pushing the doorbell button. The camera shows my visitors and the doorbell chimes outdoors - but it is not registered as a «missed ring» in the app, only as «person detected». Also, sometimes the system works just fine. What to do?

For me everything is working ok most of the time but my family have reported that sometimes the chime hasn’t gone off when someone has pressed the doorbell… It does seem as it’s all though WiFi it’s a bit hit and miss sometimes also a bit of a delay…

Same with Doorbell 3, WiFi is perfect but the doorbell is detecting motion only, an hour ago Amazon driver left the package and pressed the button, I have the recording with the motion detection, I can hear the doorbell making sound outside, video quality is perfect. I am a little disappointed in Doorbell 3, Ring cameras are better so far, we’ll see.

How do I fix the problem

#krisdeb

I have the exact same problem with my Doorbell 3, did you find a solution?

No, I didn’t… I couldn’t find a service e-mail to contact. Seems we are left to our on devices so to speak…

1 Like

Hey neighbors! When a motion is detected and your Doorbell is rung, both should trigger a notification. Depending on the timing, if they both happened instantaneously, it is possible that the only one of the notifications is delivered. This will also depend on wifi signal strength efficiency. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

This is experience can also change depending on Doorbell model and if the Doorbell ring event is following another. Check out this Community post which offers more information on how the Doorbell models will react to events.

If your concern does not seem relevant, or is not resolved with this explanation, our support team will be happy to take a more in-depth look! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: