Streaming error

When I click on Live View I get “Streaming Error”

I have very good wireless speed, a Chime Pro, my RSSI speed is 64.

If I ring the doorbell, my wife can answer and see me moving at the door.

So why can’t I get Live View

3 Likes

Hi @xLarry. When you are attempting to load the Live View, are you connected to any work wifi networks or are you using your mobile data? If you are connected to a wifi network that is not your own, there may be restrictions that limit streaming like enabling the Live View. Additionally, being on a VPN network may also prevent it from loading. If you can, please make sure all these things are disabled and you are using mobile data only. With mobile data only, see if the Live View loads for you! Hope to hear back from you soon.

1 Like

im haveing same problem and i’m using cell data will not stream and if i contect in to wifi network at work it work fine

1 Like

I am using my home wifi. It has been working until today…nothing was changed.

5 Likes

Hi @xLarry. Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know! Could you possibly remove the Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the Ring app?

@Froger1977 If you are able to connect when on your wifi, but not with mobile data, this may be a concern with your mobile service provider. If you’ve ran out of data on your wireless plan, this may be restricting and slowing down your speeds, therefore unable to load the Live View while on data.

I didn’t change a thing…it just started connecting again.

1 Like

I am receiving a “streaming error” when attempting to access live view on my stick up cam. My ring doorbell 2 works fine. What’s the issue? See attached photo.

Same here. waste of money on this ring

3 Likes

Have exatley the same problem, in fact Ring has never worked as advertised.

When caller activated the ring system appears then to switch to video upload and any interruption of this process causes “Streaming Error”. By the time you get to the video the caller has long gone. Tried using the “fast” app but same problem.

The only thing I havnt tried is switching off the video streaming, but then what would be the point of the Ring Doorbell

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about this @nrj101! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

As you mentioned trying the Rapid Ring app to no avail, if this concern persists, please let us know what type of mobile device are you using. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Everything was working fine and now I am having the same issue … I even put WiFi booster right behind the door and still same… wasted hrs to figure out …help please!!!

2 Likes

Same here. Cannot perform a live view with all my cameras. Just noticed last week. Sounds like an update messed everything up.

@Ring, you need to fix this!

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me, worked perfectly till 9.02 am then no connection despite perfect WiFi & RsSi reading of 58. Why won’t the camera transmit?

2 Likes

Hi neighbors. We have a great Community article that has a lot of tips and tricks for fixing Live View. If you’ve tried those steps to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

None of the solutions would explain why only one of the camera suddenly stops working and ironically, that camera is sitting right above my router and is receiving the strongest signal in the house. In that situation I am certainly able to tell if this is a network issue or a device defect.

2 Likes

There was definitely an issue with the Ring network yesterday. They might not admit it, but perfect signal strength on mine and many others and it wasn’t working.

2 Likes

There was an issue on the 28th. But you can check in the app or on their site shown below.
https://status.ring.com/

2 Likes

Mine stopped streaming live recently too. I can access recordings but not actual live feed. Nothing has changed in my home. I’ve tried both mobile data and my wifi network to no avail. It sounds like a defective software update. I’m on iOS 13 with iPhone 11 Pro Max.

1 Like

I’ve tried all troubleshooting suggestions and I’m still unable to access Live View from the door bell. I bought and set this system up on Sunday and it’s worked fine since. Now it’s not working two days later…not a good sign. Please help

1 Like

Same happening here. My ring doorbell works fine. I can see my live view no problem.

When I try and see live view on my driveway camera, it says “Streaming error”

The weird thing is the camera will give me motion alerts.

This all just started recently.

1 Like