Static noise doorbell 1

I’m getting a lot of static noise from my doorbell. Could someone help. No other issues. Good signal and battery life. This is a new doorbell.

I had that happen with one of my cameras, good video but static sound. I rebooted the camera (power off for a few minutes then back on) and that fixed the problem. Try that, hope it works!

You mean reset? How do you reboot without having to go through the setup again?

So did the reset work? I am concerned that maybe the microphone is broken but my kids or people can hear me which leads me to believe it is not broken. Is resetting (the orange button on the rear) is that what is required?

Hey @axwack! A reset can certainly help if you’ve already checked power and wifi variables. Audio connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing audio on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. If these steps do not help to resolve these audio concerns, a reset (holding the setup button for 20 seconds) might help. :slight_smile:

Hi, I’ve setup my ring pro2 and I get a static crackly noise coming from it on the wall while it’s monitoring?
Sounds like it’s a mic open on a bad line?
Reset, powered down all that still same
Transformer good power Rssi green good signal…
Any ideas?

Hi @user70363. Try reviewing the steps listed in this Help Center article here for troubleshooting information.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.