Static(ky), Garbled Audio on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

I installed my Ring Video Doorbell Pro on 12-22-18

Since the installation, I have not used the 2-way Audio feature even once!

So, I do not know if this has always been a problem.

Because of periodic bad Signal Strength (RSSI -80 +/-), I added a Ring Chime Pro yesterday.

That fixed my Signal Strength (now RSSI -42 +/-).

But, while testing the Chime Pro Tones, I tried to communicate with my wife at the Doorbell Pro with me in the Living Room.

The Audio was very Static(ky), very garbled, & unintelligible.

It got a tad better as I spoke over & over & over again - but still horrible.

When I tried later, the exact same thing happenned again, then got a tad better - but still horrible.

I tried it several times over 1 1/2 days with the same horrible results.

I also tried it with me being at the farthest corner of the house.
Although it was a little better, it still was pretty horrible.

I am doing all of this using the Rapid Ring App.

The Chime Pro is in the Foyer.

The Doorbell Pro is on the other side of the Foyer Wall on a Covered Front Porch.

Hi @DonC, have you tried the two-way talk feature using the regular Ring app? If not that might be a good first step, if that does not change the audio I would suggest calling support as they would be happy to look further at what variable could be causing this audio concern.

I installed a brand new doorbell II pro today and I am having the same audio garbled issue. I was just testing it with my husband at the door. his voice was broken, I could barely hear a full sentence and it was the same for him outside. We are using iPhone 8 with Ring app. I will call support tomorrow but I want to know if the support was able to resolve this issue reported by DonC. Can you please share what you had to do to resolve it? Thank you

I NEVER called Support.

It just cleared up by itself.

NOT sure if that was my problem - but:

Do NOT let your husband have his phone with him when he is on the outside of the door.

Leave his phone in the house - preferably in another room than the one you are in.

Please report back if that fixed your problem.

I am pretty sure my wife had her phone with her on the outside of the door because I remember giving her directions via her phone speaker.

My guess is there was some sort of feedback because of her phone.