Solor for doorbell2

I am looking for something like this: https://shop.ring.com/collections/accessories/products/solar-charger-2-for-video-doorbell-2

But my issue is, I currently have mine mounted with the top wedge so it’s pointing down since I have a slope leading to my gate. Is there any way to make this solar work like that?

Hey @Mrogers. I’ve heard of some neighbors that have 1-2 wedges of the corner or wedge kit included in their installation for the solar panel for the Doorbells, and it works just fine! I recommend to by the Solar Panel you are looking for, and try to install it with the pieces and screws provided! If it doesn’t seem to work well, you can always return this for a full refund within 30 days if you purchase from Ring or Amazon, as these are our policies when you buy from us. :slight_smile:

To sort of follow up on this. I have the Doorbell 3 and Solar Charger and need to use wedges, what is the order they are installed? Solar against wall, then wedges, then doorbell is my guess. Thanks!

Hi @HomebrewerNJ. The correct placement follows this pattern- Doorbell > Solar Charger > Wedge > Wall. I hope this answers your question!

1 Like