Solar panel not charging my doorbell

I have a new solar charger for my Video Doorbell 1 but it is not charging the battery. It also does not recognise that have a sloar charger connected in the ring app. Can anyone help?

1 Like

Hi @trelidi. Could you please reach out to our support team here? They can check into the device’s battery levels to ensure that it is showing connected and also walk you through any re-wiring you may need to do to make sure the Doorbell is registering that it’s charging! Please feel free to come back to this thread and follow up, letting us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same issue, and have had it for several months. Bought the Ring 1 in early December, the charger at the end of December. No response from anyone who knows anything.

My charger gets full sun in the morning. I also am not able to see the solar charger connected to my Ring App. My battery level is back down to 39% so I guess I will have to take it off and recharge it inside. So frustrating.

2 Likes

Did you ever figure this out, because I have the same issue…solar charger has never worked that I’m aware of but I definitely get morning sunlight. Ring “support” is useless online because it’s all automated and only gives you “FAQ” responses, not indivual help.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Solar charger does not charge doorbell at all and the battery dies even faster now. Complete waste of money.

1 Like

After a number of calls with the help centre to try and sort this out, it was discovered I had the wrong version of bell for the charger to work with it. A replacement was sent to me and now it works perfectly. Took a little while to get there but very pleased with the outcome

1 Like

Contact the help team. Although I had a Ring1, it was the wrong version to work with the charger. They replaced it free of charge and now working perfectly

I have the same issue, spent an hour on the phone with a Ring rep on April 10th, took a picture of the ring charger, sent it to her. She promised to send me a replacement. Guess what, 2 months and several emails later and I still have not received the replacement. They don’t care at all. Waste of good $. My app doesn’t even recognize that I HAVE a solar charger! Guess I’ll just have to keep recharging my doorbell inside unless anyone has a better idea.

3 Likes

Hey @tmandell. If you were previously promised a replacement and never received it, I recommend reaching out to our support team again. They can send one out to you, as it’s possible the old one got lost in the mail or the order may have been missed. Please note too that the reason you may have not received follow up via email is because we have had email support disconnected since we had restrictions in our staffing due to COVID-19. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They will be able to follow up with your properly here, and feel to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I purchased the solar charger for ring ring video doorbell 1 and it does not charge unit. What do I do with solar panel?

I do not follow. On the ring website, there is only 1 solar charger for the Ring 1 doorbell. How do you know if you have the correct Ring 1 version? My doorbell appeared to recognize the charger but it is not charging at all. Plenty of Sun so that isnnot the Issue. My battery drained to nothing now and the doorbell is offline. Frustrating.

2 Likes

Same problem…two times. Bought solar charger for our Doorbell 1. After 2 weeks, Doorbell was down to 27%. Called Ring support, spent an hour on the phone. They couldn’t figure it out. Sent me a replacement. I installed the replacement solar charger. Now after a month, my doorbell is below 25% battery. It’s barely charging. My front door faces south and gets full sun from about 10am until sunset. It should be fully charged all the time! This is frustrating!

I have the same issue as the previous poster. I have a generation 1 ring in full sun so I bought the solar charger but it doesn’t seem to charge. It also does not seem to see it when I log in.

My ring isn’t charging either with the solar panel

1 Like

I purchased mine almost a year ago and it hasn’t worked at all. Tech support and the website have not been helpful at all.

I have the same issue. My doorbell/solar charger faces south and gets direct sunlight from dawn to dusk. I’ve gone outside during the time of direct sunlight, the light is blinking indicating that it is changing, but the battery is still draining. I constantly have to bring the doorbell in to charge it. Most recently, the doorbell has been on the charger since Saturday (today is Thursday) and it’s already down to 50%. Today is the only day that hasn’t been completely sunny since Saturday; how can the battery die “that much” overnight???
As others have mentioned, the app doesn’t show it’s on a solar charger. I have the minimum motion detection range set and the person detection set. Contacting customer service is of absolutely no help!!! So frustrating!!!

I been having the same issue too with multiple calls. Calling customer service they changed my solar panel 3 times send a new doorbell and still no connection. It is a lose cause trying to get it to work.