Solar panel charger not working properly

We have the solar charger connected to the doorbell and it used to say Solar Status Connected and seemed to work fine. Now it has changed to Solar Status Established and it seems like its not charging the doorbell at all! Were having the sunniest weather at the moment so that definitely isn’t the reason!

Hey @JonesSian. This was a recent change that we made to the app as we look to refine how the solar panel shows it’s connected in the Device Health page. If you see “Established,” this is the same as the “Connected” status, and therefore should not be a cause for a concern. If you see Not Connected, Not Charging or Not Established is when the Doorbell is not detecting the solar charger and should be looked into.

I think either the doorbell or the solar isn’t working as even when we unplugged the doorbell to the solar it still said Established. We had to take the doorbell off to charge it as the solar panel is doing nothing!

update: we charged the doorbell on Sunday, took it off at 64%, its now on 1% (3 days later) there is definitely something wrong somewhere

Hi @JonesSian. Chiming in for Chelsea here. If you are still having this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Has this been addressed? My 2 stick up cams say “Not Established” but they are charging properly. I dip to 95 or 96% over night and the back to 100 during the day. I get a lot of sun but it’s bothering me that it seems to not be connected properly

Im having no luck speaking with anyone unfortunately. I charged my doorbell 3 days ago to 100%, its now on 70% already! The status says established but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything at all

Hey neighbors! This was a recent change that we made to the app as we look to refine how the solar panel shows it’s connected in the Device Health page. If you see “Established,” this is the same as the “Connected” status, and therefore should not be a cause for a concern. If you see Not Connected, Not Charging or Not Established is when the Doorbell is not detecting the solar charger and should be looked into.

If your battery is draining and showing Not Established, please check on the Solar Charger connection and direct sunlight hours. If your battery is draining even with the connection established, our Community post about battery drain has tips for optimizing battery usage.

If this is still occurring despite checking the above variables, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

All of my solar panels show as “Not Established” what do i did to show a different status. they seem to be working well. as long as they are getting enough sun.

My new Doorbell 3 Plus is showing Solar Status as Not Established and does not seem to be charging. Help!

Same problem here… Got the Video Doorbell 3, and installed the solar charger. Kept seeing it as ‘not established’ and the battery drained. Support sent me a replacement for the charger, and I just installed it and it still says ‘not established’. Very very frustrating.

I’ve having the same issue with my Ring solar charger. It is not connected/charging my Ring doorbell. I have full sun all day. I’ve had to take it off & charge it 2x since installing it in September. The point was not to have to do that. And for $50, it should work! Please advise if I may send back for a replacement.

Your screenshot says your solar panel isn’t connected. Have you tried taking it off and trying to reconnect? It should say connected next to solar status. If not I would definitely give Ring a call. We had this same issues and it turns out the doorbell was faulty so required a replacement, we had not even had the doorbell a year!

I have the same problem. Mine shows Solar Status Not Connected. I have a Ring2. Driving me nuts. For $50, it should work. I live in Vegas so we have lots of sunshine. I’m guessing I’m gonna have to call Ring.

Just installed my solar charger for my Ring 2. Got a Not Connected. Called Support. Disconnected everything, reconnected, then did a complete Factory Reset, nothing. Now I am waiting 4 hours to see if it will take a charge. My personal experience with Ring has not been good. Part of it is their inadequate upfront descriptions.