cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar panel charger not working properly

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Solar panel charger not working properly

We have the solar charger connected to the doorbell and it used to say Solar Status Connected and seemed to work fine. Now it has changed to Solar Status Established and it seems like its not charging the doorbell at all! Were having the sunniest weather at the moment so that definitely isn't the reason!
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Solar panel charger not working properly

Hey @JonesSian. This was a recent change that we made to the app as we look to refine how the solar panel shows it's connected in the Device Health page. If you see "Established," this is the same as the "Connected" status, and therefore should not be a cause for a concern. If you see Not Connected, Not Charging or Not Established is when the Doorbell is not detecting the solar charger and should be looked into. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I think either the doorbell or the solar isn't working as even when we unplugged the doorbell to the solar it still said Established. We had to take the doorbell off to charge it as the solar panel is doing nothing!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

update: we charged the doorbell on Sunday, took it off at 64%, its now on 1% (3 days later) there is definitely something wrong somewhere
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @JonesSian. Chiming in for Chelsea here. If you are still having this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Has this been addressed? My 2 stick up cams say "Not Established" but they are charging properly. I dip to 95 or 96% over night and the back to 100 during the day. I get a lot of sun but it's bothering me that it seems to not be connected properly
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Im having no luck speaking with anyone unfortunately. I charged my doorbell 3 days ago to 100%, its now on 70% already! The status says established but it doesn't seem to be doing anything at all
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Hey neighbors! This was a recent change that we made to the app as we look to refine how the solar panel shows it's connected in the Device Health page. If you see "Established," this is the same as the "Connected" status, and therefore should not be a cause for a concern. If you see Not Connected, Not Charging or Not Established is when the Doorbell is not detecting the solar charger and should be looked into.

If your battery is draining and showing Not Established, please check on the Solar Charger connection and direct sunlight hours. If your battery is draining even with the connection established, our Community post about battery drain has tips for optimizing battery usage.

If this is still occurring despite checking the above variables, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Solar panels show Not Established

All of my solar panels show as "Not Established" what do i did to show a different status. they seem to be working well. as long as they are getting enough sun. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My new Doorbell 3 Plus is showing Solar Status as Not Established and does not seem to be charging. Help!