Snapshot Capture Feature on Ring Video Doorbell 2

Hi

I have managed to activate the Snapshot Capture Feature on my Spotlight Cam Battery but not on my Ring Video Doorbell 2, it should be possible to activate it on the Doorbell 2?

According to this page is should:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034355652-Taking-Timeline-Security-Snapshots-Using-Snapshot-Capture

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

Hi @Lomprayah and @Camuser33, the snapshot feature is on a slow roll out and is currently only available for the devices listed in this Help Center article that were purchased after October 23rd, 2019.

2 Likes

Will it be added to existing devices though? Or would I have to buy a brand new device after that date?

1 Like

O.k., I understand the benefits and reasoning behind a slow roll out, but why only on devices purchase after 10/23/19 (Which is only a week ago!)?

2 Likes

Hi

Just remove the camera/Doorbell from ring app and re-install to get this feature, i did it with both my doorbell 2 and spotlight cam and now i have it on both

Anders

1 Like

Remove as in delete the camera and go through the QR code rescan procedure to set it up again?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Having a similar issue on a Doorbell Pro installed a couple of years ago.

If you delete it and add it again, would it keep all motion zones and recordings?

TIA.

1 Like

Hi @su_A_ve, happy to chime in here. You would need to set the Motion Zones back up again as you’re going through the setup process. I’d also recommend saving any important recordings by downloading them prior to completing this step to ensure nothing is lost! :slight_smile:

1 Like