Slow to connect to doorbell camera

Whenever there is motion or a door bell ring it seriously takes my cell to connect to see who is there. By the time it finally uploads the person has moved on. We are on fibre optic and have high speed internet and I always confirm device health and connection are good. Not sure the issue.

1 Like

I’m having the same or similar problem but it appears no one is interested in helping us. I was trying to get technical support but I was re-directed to community support where there is apparently none to be had. I was considering purchasing another video doorbell but if I can’t get help with this issue I can’t imagine why I would bother.

1 Like

Same here. About a month ago got a new camera. Worked great. Got the latest ring app and now I get slow connection or streaming errors. I email support but nothing. Ver5.28

I found this to be true, however, when it goes off, you click on it, sometimes it goes “Live” and you have to turn back to history.Then click on the time it went off, then it it takes a few seconds to show you what set the alarm off. Hope this helps. And sometimes it takes awhile in the history for the time you are looking for appears, this is why you hit “refresh” as many times as it takes.

Hey neighbors! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have the same issue. With Ring app, connecting to the doorbell takes several ten seconds every time. Also the recorded video is very laggy and poor resolution.
The doorbell signal strength is RSSI -68 so there should be no problem.
Internet speed is Upload: 137Mbps and Download: 307Mbps. These are more than enough.
The doorbell is hard-wired.
I’d appreciate it if Ring can provide support.

FYI: I have another Ring device which is a Ring floodlight cam (hard wired). This device is located near the doorbell and is working very well. The doorbell is the only problem.

Hi @user6235. You have great internet speeds, which is one piece of the puzzle. The other, is your RSSI. An RSSI of -68 is considered to be critical and will result in poor resolution. This Community post here will explain RSSI and how it relates to your Ring Devices. I would first suggest rebooting your internet router to see if that will improve the RSSI. If not, try adding a Chime Pro to extend your WiFi signal.