Shared user can't access doorbell and doesn't get alerts from it

All,

I have a Ring security system with a Doorbell Pro at my home. My daughter has the same thing at her house and has her own account. I made my daughter a shared user on my account and given her access to the camera and alarm. I was hoping she would get motion notifications and be able to access the doorbell. She hasn’t gotten any notifications from my system nor does she have any ability to access the camera from her account, even though she was authorized. Is this the way it works? Shouldn’t she have the camera available on her app and getting alerts, or am I asking too much?

Thanks,

Hi @Jobu! It sounds like you are doing everything correctly for adding a shared user. Check out our help center article about shared users for details on what they can access. When adding a shared user, they should receive an email confirmation in the email inbox you used for the invite. It may take some time for the shared user to receive access. If the shared user already owns Ring devices, this shared location will show up under their locations drop down in the app. If they still do not have access, have the share used remove and reinstall the Ring app on their mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Hi @Jobu! It sounds like you are doing everything correctly for adding a shared user. Check out our help center article about shared users for details on what they can access. When adding a shared user, they should receive an email confirmation in the email inbox you used for the invite. It may take some time for the shared user to receive access. If the shared user already owns Ring devices, this shared location will show up under their locations drop down in the app. If they still do not have access, have the share used remove and reinstall the Ring app on their mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @Marley_Ring. It did not help. She reinstalled and still couldn’t see it. I then deleted her as a user and resent an invite. She still can’t see it. She has had her own account for 3 years with the alarm, spotlight cam and doorbell and knows how to navigate the system. She has access to the alarm, just not the doorbell.

@Marley_Ring, another thing is she will get the alert from the door, but it tells her the the front door and doesn’t differentiate between the two homes. She can answer that alert, but it she waits to look later, there is no choice to look at my doorbell.

Just a thought did she scan the code on the back of your doorbell with her phone ?

Hi @Jobu, Chiming in for Marley here. It seems like it may be possible that there are multiple locations on her Ring App. If the devices is online, and she is getting notifications, then this could be the case. We have a Help Center article that has tips and tricks for managing locaitons.