Set custom ring sound

How do I upload a custom ring sound to be played outside when the button on the Doorbell is pressed? In this day and age, where we are all accustomed to be able to set our own ring tones, is there no way to do that? If not, what is Ring doing about that?

2 Likes

At this time, you are unable to customize the sound that the doorbell plays. If you have a Chime or Chime Pro, you’re able to customize that tone. In addition, can vote for it in our Feature Request Board here: Ring App, Chime, and Chirp Tones: Custom/ More Options .

We should be able to not only set a custom ring tone locally at the doorbell but also set a different ring tone, just like we can in the App on the iPhone…

I completely agree. I would love to be able to use a WAV file or anyrecording that RING can set up, so I can have the seperate door contact sensors say the name os the door or window like"Sliding glass door" or “Garage door”, etc.

4 Likes

I have added a feature request at
https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Chime-Tone/idi-p/26568
for anyone who would like to add their interest.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. A premium priced device like this should have the possibility to upload your own ringtones. Why is there no classic door bell for example?

3 Likes

I would like my ring to say “I’m infected please go away”

1 Like