Seized security screws

I have four Ring Video Doorbells. Three of the four are inoperable because the security screws have seized and therefore cannot be charged/rebooted. They have not been over tightened. The materials of these security screws have not resisted the elements. The security screws are so seized they twiast the screw driver end.

Hey @JLBsMailbox. Does it seem like the screws are also stripped? You will definitely need new ones before re-installing the device, which our support team can help you get these spare parts for it. Although, if it seems stripped, some neighbors that have put a rubber band in between the screw and the screw driver seem to be able to get the screw out this way. Let me know how that goes! For assistance with obtaining more screws, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

We have got the very same extremely frustrating situation here - one screw remains seized and nothing is working with it. How can one screw come off and the other will not? Why would changes of temperature cause such fixation on one such in the first place? Anyhow…
Kindly contact us before I lose patience and pull out the entire fixture here…!

Hi @user56752ha. The Ring Community is a public forum, and not a direct line to our support team. If the suggestions in the marked solution don’t work, it would be best to follow up with our support team for further assistance on this.

… that’s what I meant by ‘‘kindly contact us’’ - through here… a topic several years old!
I doubt the support team can do anything for such mundane hassles.
Also, I would be remiss if I didn’t advise you NOT to follow through with what I see here: ‘‘this topic will close a month after the last reply’’…???
Do not close it - people need to know such problems can occur with your product.
Such a simple problem - such a source of frustration, too.
Incredibly frustrating that such a cool thing as the RING can go screwy like that due to such a basic fixture that has nothing to do with its functionality!
For want of a nail - or, in this case, a non-seizable screw!
One thing is for sure though: this topic has not been solved…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.