Screws

the screws are messed up can not remove the device to charge it

Hey @Kellycambronne12! Which screws are you having trouble with? If it is the security screw, this will require the use of your unique Ring screw driver bit in order to remove.

If something happened to your screw(s) or you need help with removal, our support team is always available, at 1-800-656-1918. I’m sure neighbors around the Community will share suggestions as well! :slight_smile:

I took my Ring off to reCharge and the 2 small screw on the bottom fell somewhere into the bushes (I call the bottomless pit). I have the original Ring and the whole unit comes off the base plate to get reCharge. How can I get those 2 small Torx screws? Please help; my Ring is just sitting there-not secure to anything.

Sorry to hear about that happening @tony871! Luckily we have spare parts kits that come with various spare parts in case this happens again. Check out our spare parts kits on our accessories page at Ring.com. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello. I’m having issues with my screws. I do believe it rusted and now I can’t get it off to take the doorbell off to charge it. I do believe I have the generation video doorbell. What can I do?

I finally got it off but the screw is stuck in the backing and the entire base came out. Is this bad?

I am having the same problem. The screws are stripped. It cannot be removed from the mount. The ring is inactive because the battery needs to be recharged. I do not what to tear up the system trying to get it off the mount. Need help.