Screws continuously turning when mounting Ring Video Doorbell 2 to Wedge

I have recently installed my Ring Video Doorbell 2 - however when attaching the device to the wedge using the four smaller screws, the screws continuously turned and didn’t tighten.

Is this normal? The device feels like it’s secured to the wedge, however the screws can still continue to be turned indefinitely, and wanted to know if this is normal or if I have done something wrong.

Hey @jms. It seems as though maybe the screw wasn’t installed properly or isn’t going fully through the hole to be secure. I would recommend trying to remove all the screws and how you have it installed, and then maybe try again and see if that improves! I’ve had this happen when making IKEA furniture myself, and this helped fix that situation so I wanted to pass on the suggestion for you. :slight_smile:

I have this same issue. The doorbell has fallen off of the mount three times because the screws do not hold well. It seems like the screws are too short or too small for the holes in the mount. Are there replacements available for the screws? The hardware store doesn’t have anything that small.

Actually, it is a corner mount - not a wedge mount

Hi @micrho. Yes! Additional Spare Parts can be purchased from Ring.com. To find out what Spare Parts you need, take a look at this Help Center article here. I hope this helps!