Ring2 Custom Motion Zones cannot be deleted

Cool new feature allowed me to make a rectangle in the motion zone to ignore. The software offers no way to delete the zone. Ring Support steps are not accurate.

Note: I initially created the zone with the ring battery; then successfully hardwired to a 16v AC transformer. Wondering if there is some software bug that disables the removal function under these conditions.

Hey @Rossnick. The zone you need to delete is labeled as a Privacy Zone and will be removed in a different setting. If you go into the Ring app > Main menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Settings > Privacy Settings > Privacy Zones, you should be able to remove the black box from here. If that doesn’t work, try rebooting your Doorbell.

If these steps fail, or you’re unable to find this setting, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

So I had the same problem with the privacy zones, unable to remove them, called for help. They were no help. They told me I had to remove the device and then add the device back. Then I found the reboot I rebooted it and Voilà the privacy zones were gone. So don’t call for help to ring because they have no idea what to do…. Reboot it through the app and they will be gone!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.