Ring won’t activate

My doorbell won’t show a video or a live view anymore. Despite the device health being good. Full power and connected to the internet. I’ve done a full reboot and internet reconnection. It starts by saying it’s doing an update and may take 5 mins. But it still won’t work afterwards.

Hi @Wb22101! It sounds like it may be trying to perform it’s update, which is best to not interrupt. Bringing your Video Doorbell inside near your router is a great first step to ensure the update can complete and connection is optimal. Please also remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device to ensure it is up to date.

If this concern persists, please perform a reset on your Video Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. This should reset the Doorbell and allow for a new setup/ reconnection to your wifi network. Once complete, your video should work as intended. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

My doorbell won’t show a video or a live view anymore. Despite the device health being good. Full power and connected to the internet. I’ve done a full reboot and internet reconnection. It starts by saying it’s doing an update and may take 5 mins. But it still won’t work afterwards.