Ring video doorbell will not connect to wifi

My Ring Video doorbell will not change wifi. It was stowed away for some time because my internet connection was not good enough for it. Now I have fiber with a new wifi, and I try to connect it again. I also bought another Ring video doorbell 3, which works just fine. The old Ring video doorbell will not connect though. I even tried a hard reset several times. It finds the wifi, I enter the password, and when the app says the doorbell should be connecting, it just quits. No light in the button, and it does not connect. When the app asks for the lights in the button, there is no lights. I also tried two more wifi access points, but same result. No other equipment has a problem with the wifi, and yes, I tried to reboot the router as well. I also tried with the charger connected, to eliminate poor battery as the cause. What can I do?

Oh, and i tried to connect 50 cm. away from the access point.

Hey @MrWhy. Since you have done the hard reset multiple times with your troubleshooting and this was to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.