Ring video doorbell 2 no video

My ring doorbell 2 will not display any videos. It is only recording blank 40 sec videos and it will not go to live view. I have factory reset the device 3 different times and I have tried multiply wifi networks to connect the device to with no solution. It was working perfectly until after 7pm Sunday. It detects motion day and night and climes on my phone. Just no videos. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey @jtyler2223. You can learn more about fixing this black video here in our Help Center Article here. If you still cannot find relief in this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I called support and they were very helpful and they are sending me a replacement unit.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having the same problem… blank videos on motion detect and no live view. Is it likely I need a new unit?

Hey @Kimchick. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps recommended here? If you find no relief, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.