Ring stays connected for 2 days, then drops - time to throw in the towel?

I’ve had my 1st Gen Video Doorbell since last prime day. It’s direct-powered from the Ring-branded transformer, and up until the last week or so has been working great. WiFi signal is not an issue; the doorbell is located in a sweet spot between two of my wireless access points and has great signal strength. As the subject states, ever couple of days it will drop off the network, requiring me to pull it down, factory reset and reconnect it, and then it will work for a bit.

My sense is the device is probably just flaky and in need of repair, but it doesn’t seem like that’s an option --I’ve e-mailed support with no response, chat is offline, and I see a lot of folks with similar issues after the one-year hardware warranty is up.

I’d break down and buy a newer one, but I’m frankly irritated by disposable electronics. I’d much rather pay a decent amount and have something that lasts rather than pay $10 a month or $100 every 12-18 months to replace a doorbell camera. Am I just asking too much at this price point? For those of you in similar positions, what have you done?

Sorry to hear about this experience @dhumphreys5252. It looks like you’ve performed some great steps to ensure this Doorbell is receiving the resources it needs to operate. The only other thing I would recommend here is too test with just one access point, if possible, to ensure there is not some sort of node fluctuation or network setting causing this.

Otherwise, our support team will be happy to take a closer look for you! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.