Ring skill not available in India

I 've got a Ring doorbell and an echo show 10".

I recently found out that the ring skill is NOT available in India.

I could , of course , set the location to USA or Australia where the skill is available , but then my alarms and other settings go haywire.

Bit of a waste investing in an echo show , as I got it specifically for the video doorbell .

Please make the skill available in India at the very earliest !!

3 Likes

Hi @phili, thank you so much for your feedback on this! I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the appropriate team. In the meantime, please also pass on your feedback to Amazon Alexa support, as they are the ones that also approve any Alexa skills that are available as this is also through their app. I would also like to point out to you that our Ring products are not sold and shipped to India as well, which may be the sole reason as to why you are also not seeing the Ring skill. Hope this helps clear it up for you!

2 Likes

That has not stopped us to buy and bring this product to India. Please bring the ring skill to India as well on Alexa. Thanks

3 Likes

Hello

I have 3 devices of ring and work great with echoshow

What we did is set echoshow with a US address. then you can add ring skill but you wont be able to get indian amazon skills. Device can only have US amazon skills.

2 Likes

Any idea when is the skill coming to India?

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.in/Ring-88LP000CH000-ring-Video-Doorbell/dp/B01DM6BDA4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1UBXI9EY9B1JO&dchild=1&keywords=ring+video+doorbell+pro&qid=1596456265&sprefix=ring+video%2Caps%2C247&sr=8-2

Ring doorbells are available on India Amazon store. And they are been available from long.

Me too struggling to do integration from long.

True changing to US location is not the solution, want to have Alexa integrate with Sony Android TV to pulll Ring Video Feed.

If i get Ring Skill installed using US country setting, Sony TV is not detected in alexa discovery process.

All other skills start giving issues.

Amazon, Ring Team, You need to push Amazon who whoever respective members to get the Ring Skill enabled asap.

Regards

Shailesh

3 Likes

With more ring users coming in India from other countries, it makes sense to at least provide the skill in India even if you are not officially selling it here. With Global communities and remote workers, I think it even makes more sense. We are only asking for the skill and why is it so difficult from Amazon owned company is baffling.

3 Likes

Chelsea have written to Alexa team as well. It’s more of push game happening. They stating we need to followup with Ring. And Ring says we need to followup with Amazon. Ring has been acquired by Amazon then why this is happening. It’s just a skill to be made available in India store so we can take benefit of the smart bell functions. Else it’s just a waste. Pls suggest if the skill is applied for approval in India stores and whom we would
Need to followup to make it available. Certainly there are many users who would like to take advantage of integration.

Awaiting positive response.

3 Likes

Chelsea have written to Alexa team as well. It’s more of push game happening. They stating we need to followup with Ring. And Ring says we need to followup with Amazon. Ring has been acquired by Amazon then why this is happening. It’s just a skill to be made available in India store so we can take benefit of the smart bell functions. Else it’s just a waste. Pls suggest if the skill is applied for approval in India stores and whom we would
Need to followup to make it available. Certainly there are many users who would like to take advantage of integration.

Awaiting positive response.

Regards

Shailesh

3 Likes

Last year I was in USA at y Daughter’s place. There I saw Ring and Alexa show’s integration. Say “Alexa Show my front door” and you could see who is at your door. I was so impressed that I bought both Ring as well as Alexa show. But after coming back to India and installing both was extremely disappointed to know that the skill is not available in India. Why Amazon … otherwise an excellent company …not able to do such a small technical improvisation can’t be understood. It will definitely raise the demand of both products in India as the feature enhances the utility of both products. Probably the demand/feedback hasn’t reached right quarters. Request for early provision of ring skill in Alexa in India.

2 Likes

Hi Chelsea, there are many Ring users in India and it is growing. Request you to push through the right channel to enable this skill for India

1 Like

Same here. Bought echo show and ring door bell 3, This is so not good. That it doesn’t work in india. Please give us solution. The box doesn’t even say in which all countries it works and in which it doesn’t.

Fix it please.

1 Like

I have also bought Ring bell with Echo show in US and disappointed to see it’s not working.

Request Ring to quickly provide Alexa skills in India

1 Like

Hi there, neighbors! Alexa skills that are available for certain regions are likely based on Alexa availability and device compatibility. I would also like to point out that our Ring products are not sold and shipped to India as well , which may be the sole reason as to why you are also not seeing the Ring skill. This is often due to differences in a regions regulations. We are always working to add to and improve on our devices and features. As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

@Marley_Ring

Had bought mine via Amazon India, its available for purchase in India and its sold too.

Link for your reference. Its not fair even though its been sold in India skills not enabled as required.

Shailesh K.

1 Like

Same issue I am facing. This is bad @Amazon @alexa. I have bought ring doorbell as well as ring home security system, both are not working with alexa. T

1 Like

I am sorry but this certainly is a bad policy on behalf of Amazon to allow sale of its own products in india through third party without full support from Amazon. When you are allowing sale of your own product on your own platform in some country it should come with all features and full support. I hope Jeff Buzos takes note of it.

1 Like

Was very excited buying the Ring Pro and Echo Show but now am terribly disappointed that the integration for India is missing. These products are being sold in Amazon India and hence it would be good to add the Ring skill here in India too. Sincerely urge you to look into it and enable it for India

1 Like

Hey neighbors. Thank you for sharing your feedback. In addition to adding this to our Feature Request Board, I would also leave feedback with the Amazon Echo team. You can find a similar Community to ours here. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We need Ring skill available in India Alexa. Please make it available.

1 Like