Ring not chiming on Alexa

Hi there. I just set up my ring, and everything looks like it’s working fine. I have it set up in the skills in the Alexa app. The goal is to have the alexa chime whenever someone rings the doorbell in case we don’t have our phones on us to see the notification. The Alexa isn’t chiming. Keep in mind, we have the Alexa integrated in the Harman Kardon Astra speaker. Is this why it won’t work? Will it only work with an Echo? Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, great question @Rizface ! I’ll have to double check with my team member on that one. So, to make sure I understand, you have the Kardon Astra speaker with Alexa built in? Have you tried connecting any other apps to the speaker by using the Alexa app on your phone? Thanks!

Hi guys, any news on this ? I’m also trying to connect a harman larson allure and unable to

Chelsea - any news on this ?

Hi there, neighbors! Check out our help center article for steps to take when an Alexa Skill stops working. It’s always a good step to ensure the devices being used are supported by Ring and Alexa, via this article.

For any routines or announcements, try removing and re-setting up these skills and routines. Removing the extra integration is another great test to check if Ring and Alexa are working as intended. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: