Ring high priced piece of junk

I will never buy another ring product I advise everyone to search for better home security cameras. Rings are high priced pieces of junk.

5 Likes

Hi @DRACO67. We’re here to help if you are having trouble with your Ring device. Let us know if you have any questions.

Please also review our Community Guidelines to ensure we are making the Community the best it can be for all neighbors. Thank you!

2 Likes

Front door bell stopped working after 7 months. Won’t connect to anything no matter what is attempted. All of the help center ideas surround around something must be wrong with our wireless connection, and don’t mention anything about how the ring product may be defective. On top of that, the on-line chat lines are not in service. I will not purchase any ring device, and everyone and anyone I know will be informed of my displeasure.

Total JUNK

5 Likes

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

This explains when support is available and how due to the virus covid-19. Staff is reduced.

1 Like

Agreed. And, I am done with their support. Sensor after sensor continues to go offline. Their only solution is to remove it and re-add it. It might work for a little while, then happens again. Their ring extender seems to provide absolutely zero benefit. It is simply not worth it.

1 Like

My doorbell was installed today and I want to throw it in the trash. It chimed ALL DAY with no one at my door. I just received a delivery… no chime! It’s expensive and does not work.

JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!
A week ago I got a Ring 3 and a Chime Pro and had them installed.
I bought another camera for the front door and had it installed today.
After having paid an electrician several hundred dollars to install them I realized the new camera wouldn’t update and it couldn’t be used until it did.
I called Ring support and was told that it wasn’t updating because the battery was too low and, because of the cold temperatures the battery wouldn’t charge.
The representative I spoke to suggested I UNINSTALL the camera, bring it inside, charge it and then REINSTALL IT!!
She then admitted that it was “a little inconvenient”… to her uninstalling a camera, bringing it in to charge and then reinstalling it a few times a week is “a little inconvenient”… WHAT???
She then sent me an email suggesting that I might be interested in other Ring cameras, both of which were at least another $200.
So far I’ve spent roughly $350 in equipment and $250 on installation and their suggestion is that I spend another $200 on equipment and then another $250 to have that equipment installed.
Unbelievable and utterly RIDICULOUS!
I’ll never spend another dime on this company, their equipment or their service.
Ring might be worth it if you could get the criminals in your neighborhood to only consider breaking into your home between late April and early September.
This is complete BS

1 Like

Now on my 3rd Ring Product but never again does not record people coming up the driveway all settings are correct etc only see their back when they are leaving will sell them and buy a cloud edge product it seems most review sites think the same RING your getting poor reviews and need to do an upgrade that works.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! If you are having concerns with the operation of your Ring device, it’s best to provide details as to what is occurring, what type of Ring device you are using, and any steps you’ve taken to resolve. This can help Community team members and neighbors to offer specific suggestions that might help.

@Gebena as you mentioned your motion detecting people later than expected, I recommend checking out the Motion Frequency setting to see if optimizing this will help.

If you are having a couple concerns with your Ring devices, or want more immediate assistance, our support team is always happy to help further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Totally agree, got mine Xmas, worked fine for a couple of months now keeps going offline even though I have great internet. Won’t recommend this to anyone

1 Like

Same here. Bought a 3+ and it was horribly buggy. Got a replacement and it is just as bad. Won’t connect to a good new router. When it did initially work, it ignored settings for motion zones, it ignored the People Only mode and stopped giving pre-roll.
I have spent ridiculous amount of time trying to get it to work properly and a lot of time talking with customer support. Just awful.
This was my first and I would never buy another Ring product.

1 Like

Agreed total piece of junk and the tech support is worse I spent an hour on hold only to be told they would call me when “advanced tech team” was ready got a call back 4 hours later only to be put on hold for another 40 mins.
They were supposed to call the next day and didn’t I am still waiting!
I paid for their over priced junk and have three cameras and a plan with them and this is what I get?
Google here I come

1 Like

I have a question Greg about your equipment. If everything was wired as in electricity, why are you having to deal with a battery in the first place? I’m just trying to find out if your wired why the battery.
Thank you. I’m sorry you had a hard time with your system and your Ring customer service.
rondow65

same thing here. worked fine for a few months except for when it missed many significant motion detection events. now won’t even connect after hours and hours of fudging with it.

Ring is trash.
DONE with RING!

DONE!

1 Like

Hi neighbors. The Ring Community is a public forum, so we’re able to assist with general troubleshooting tips and tricks. In order to make it easier to receive advice from other neighbors or a member of our team, you can create your own post. Before doing so, please locate the correct category on the Community based on which Ring device you have. Once you’ve selected the right category, click the + New Topic button in the top right to create a post.

When creating your post, ensure to provide relevant details such as:

• Which Ring device you have (Video Doorbell 3, Spotlight Cam Battery), and details on any accessories that may be important (make and model of a chime kit, voltage rating on a transformer).
  • A brief description of the concern you’re experiencing. For example: “My Doorbell is hardwired, but it will not ring the chime kit in my house.”
  • What troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far, if any.
  • Screenshots or videos if you have any, particularly for any sound or video quality questions.

Including these relevant details can help other neighbors or members of the Community team get a better picture of what you’re experiencing, which makes it easier for us to offer troubleshooting guidance. Please also keep in mind that more technically advanced cases may require you to reach out to support, as the Community is a public forum so we are unable to see account details. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like