Ring doorbell

I am having trouble with my front camera every now and then. Everytime I need to disconnect and connect back to the Wi-Fi. Is it the expectation?
I had issues with my previous device and then got a replacement and from then I am having this reconnect issue. May I know why is this happening always?

Hey @Ajmathews. Does the device fall offline a lot? You may need to adjust the ports and protocols on your network to allow the Ring device to connect and stay connected, as your router may be kicking it offline. Please follow this Help Center Article here, as you may need to be in touch with ISP as well to make these changes. Once the changes are made, ensure the device is online or reconnect it manually, and let me know if it stays online!

1 Like

Thank you Chelsea for the response.

Yes, I am having this issue very often.

I went through the link but not very clear on how to make changes. If I call the ISP will they be able to understand this ?

Also, to be clear I am facing this issue with only the doorbell camera.

Comcast mentioned that they might not be able to change or assign ports but could change wifi channel. Would that help?

@Ajmathews Changing the wifi channels could help, but it seems like Comcast may not be the ones that own or work on your router’s settings. Were you able to ask them where you could change the network settings? Opening certain ports is normally advanced network settings, and can be addressed with the manufacturer of the router system. In addition, our support team can help with this!

If you prefer our support line, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you Chelsea. My router is from comcast so there is no other company involved. I’ll check with them if there is a way for me to change the advance setting of router and will give a call to the support team as adviced by you. thanks.

1 Like