cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring doorbell

I am running a ring app for mac version 2.5.1. I am unable to speak to a person at my door. The app does not appear under system preferences >privacy and security> privacy. Is this an app version that is not compatible with mac pro version Catalina 10.15.4?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring doorbell

Hi @Tyler208001. Since you are able to open the Ring app and do other things within the app, you don't need to worry about any compatibility concerns! Back in your Mac's settings, when you go to Security & Privacy, under the option for Microphone on the left hand side, do you see Ring under there (see attached screeshot for reference)? For the Ring app, just make sure this is checked. Then, when you are answering a Live View call from your Mac, just ensure you hit the green phone icon to "accept" the call and speak back to the person on the other side.

For a chance that you may not even see the Ring app under apps that could use your microphone, please let me know. If you could, please send me over screenshots of what apps have access to your microphones to showcase that the Ring app is not there. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

No it does not show. As mentioned.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Tyler208001 Thank you for that screenshot! Could you try removing the Ring app from your Mac, restart your Mac, and then reinstall the App and login? From there, do some testing to see if the person can hear you on the other side! In addition, if it's still not working, could you check the Microphone settings to see if it shows up now, as well as if Ring shows up under your notification preferences as well? 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I did and still nothing

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Tyler208001 Do you see the Ring app under notification preferences or accessibility? If you could, please attach some screenshots of what you do see please!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

its not showing up in notifications and accessibility...  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Highlighted
New Neighbor