Ring doorbell will only ring once

Agree, I have the same issue. What would be the solution for this? I am sure there should be a setting which allows for multiple rings?

3 Likes

Looking for a solution as well. I run an electrical company and will need about 200 units for a major job downtown, but this will definitely but a deal breaker. I have a pro installed at home and if you miss the first time the doorbell was pressed, you are likely to miss a visit or a package from being delivered for the simple fact that a second or third press does not ring the doorbell. Pretty ridiculous.

1 Like

I found this Ring defect by experience. Sometimes I may not hear an original ring and have had delivery persons tell me they tryed ringing the doorbell multiple times without results. This is undesirable because I’ve missed getting deliveries on-time. I’ve had to tell certain people to go an alternate home non-Ring doorbell location at to try again if they think I’m home. When asked why, I’ve had to tell them that thats how the Ring works. Their response is typically “that’s no good!”. Ring needs to fix this defect!

3 Likes

Mine used to ring twice with one press, I thought it was normal. I just realized this week that it is down to one ring per push. Was I imagining things or did something change?

My ring is connected to my alexa devices. When the button is pressed, not only does my mechanical chime go off, but the ring sound plays out of all my alexa devices followed by an announcement from alexa that someone is at the door. I know its not the ideal solution but we never miss a ring. LOL.

2 Likes

Mine is also, I was just curious because it used to ring twice with one press of the button. So trying to figure out if that is the way it was supposed to be or was it an issue and is now operating as designed.

Sounds like Ring is saying they don’t care and to buy a better solution.
Sounds like a good plan to me!

3 Likes

I Have the same problem. @Ring : Please fix this ridiculous issue!

1 Like

What a disaster! I just realized that the doorbell on rings once ! now I have to figure out if I can return it.

1 Like

Hi Marley
I too have the same problem as others that I’m reading here on this thread - with the annoying pause before able to ring again. The point that we want to make is to have the door bell function like all other wired door bells. Making the door bell louder or move it closer to the door is to miss the point and is not addressing the real issue here. To be honest, had I known that this would not function like an ordinary standard door bell, I would not have purchased this product and just went with a cam leaving my original door bell intact. Lesson learned , you got me - shame on me! What people are wanting or need to see is some sort of upgrade to correct the actual issue in question. Please help assist us by reaching out to your software team making so that they can start working toward a software patch that will allow options for multiple rings if desired.

7 Likes

I agree with the many people complaining about this . You created a security camera and ignored the basic functionality that people expect from a doorbell - you press it, it rings. Your product manager has lost the plot. I’d return this if I could . Today. My first 2 visitors tried to ring the bell multiple times and guess what - they told me the doorbell was broken

2 Likes

I also have this same problem. I just switched from a Nest doorbell and wish I didn’t. Only one ring every 30 seconds is crazy.

Marley,

If I had known it didn’t function like a regular doorbell I would not have purchased the device and may return it. It’s a basic feature that is expected - you push the button and the doorbell should ring (every time you push the button). I will share the lack of functionality with everyone I know if an update is not created to address this issue.

4 Likes

I completely agree with everyone complaining about the single ring every 30 seconds. It is sad that I either have to return the chime without a resolution to needing a doorbell within my home OR place a tacky sign on my ring to let visitors know they can only ring the doorbell once every 30 seconds. PLEASE RING FIX THIS ISSUE SO WE CAN HAVE A NORMAL DOORBELL THAT RINGS INSIDE MY HOME! Otherwise, there really isn’t much benefit to having the Chime.

3 Likes

I just ran into the same issue, I even bought a new transformer as I thought it was due to low voltage, this is a sad excuse for a doorbell.

2 Likes

I have a nice big bell (not quite as large as you might see in a church steeple) right next to my ring doorbell. The bell has a cord with a carabiner which sits inches from the doorbell’s button. Most people still pull the carabiner :slight_smile: At this very moment, I have disabled all motion functionality for my ring doorbell and actually, it goes into live view pretty well. So I can somewhat screen our callers using a little very old technology and a little new technology…

And - in my current configuration I was able to go into live view recently as I waited in a doctor’s office miles away from my home.

Not quite what I thought I was purchasing but ring has worn me out. I can no longer return it so I am just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

1 Like

Yes, that helps, better chance of hearing it as it only rings once :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a defect. You press a button, it rings. One for one, not one per many.

Wife is ■■■■■■. Why in God’s name would you configure this in this manner?

Why can’t they fix this ? More, why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

1 Like

We appreciate the continue feedback on this, neighbors! As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I agree with everyone who has posted about the single ring when the doorbell is pressed. The door bell should ring every time its pressed. Previously it would ring every time the door bell was pressed. One of the firmware upgrades changed this beviour. Would greatly appreciate the Ring techs , reverting back to the original ring behaviour (i.e. back to the original config). Or perhaps, give the home owner the option in the app. 1. Ring every time when door bell is pressed 2. Ring only once.

3 Likes