Ring doorbell stops charging although showing hardwired

I bought a ring doorbell a year ago and got it hardwired. It has been working fine (battery constantly at 100%; occasionally dropped by 1~2% due to massive amount of alert events but would be charged back to 100% overnight) until recently when I discovered that the battery was down to 81%. Although it was still showing hardwired in the ring app, the battery didn’t get charged and thus was gradually drained over time. Until today, the battery is down to 76% after about 4 days.

Another interesting observation is that after my last ring app update, it is suddenly showing that my “solar charger status” is “connected”, which was not there before. Plus, I don’t think I have a solar charger, let alone having it connected. Please help!

Hi @hisoka1229. Have you been experiencing a larger number of motions, dings, or Live Views than before? This can contribute to the battery draining more quickly than it can charge from being hardwired, as hardwiring it provides a trickle charge to help keep the battery topped off. I’d also recommend resetting the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for 30 seconds. Once that’s done, walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know how the battery level is looking after that! :slight_smile: