Ring doorbell showing black recording

Hey neighbors! I can understand your frustrations with a concern like this as I would also be worried if I was running into black videos on valuable footage that I needed available.

The post that has been previously marked as a solution does recommend you check out our Ring Help Center Article here to address this. I know that this article can be a bit in-depth and may not be possible to review and try many of the recommendations in this thread. If you feel you need assistance guiding through this information in here, please reach out to our support team here. They can help explain this for you, run through the troubleshooting steps, and help isolate your concerns.

We have a great staff of experts that are available via phone or chat here. Additionally, we also have advanced levels of support if our first line of experts are unable to isolate this. They can help give you step by steps instructions to get it back up and running, walk you through what any router settings you may need to make will look like, and also help direct you on what to bring up to your ISP if needed.

Neighbors in the Community, if you find any helpful tips and tricks you have done yourself to resolve this, please share. For any neighbors still unable to get this fixed, I strongly encourage spending time with our support team. This is a neighbor to neighbor forum and not a direct line to support. It’s best to have our support team look at your personal account and devices to give you the proper resolution, as the steps needed to be taken may differ from neighbor to neighbor. :slight_smile:

I am updating and accepting this post as the new solution. This is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try these recommended troubleshooting steps. If these troubleshooting steps do not work, it is encouraged to reach out to support here. If you have found any solutions that have worked for you, please share in depth information and examples as to what you’ve done to help assist other neighbors in this forum or finding it for the first time. Thank you.