Ring doorbell pro

Every morning a hard reset is required in order to obtain video operation- why?

Hey @albrown00. If you’re having to preform a hard reset every morning to get the device connected, I would recommend reaching out to our support team on this concern. It could be with the device itself, the power being supplied, or the connection it has, but they can quickly isolate this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let us know how this goes, as your answer may help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

My apologies for the delay in responding- the reason is that I went ahead and purchased another ring doorbell pro in order to verify the first one was faulty. I received the new 2nd one and for more than a week verified it’s operational integrity. After more than a week of daily checks, the new 2nd unit works well. There has been no need for daily hard reset. Thus the first unit I received is faulty. With that being the case I am requesting a refund for the first unit that was faulty. Please advise the steps to secure my refund. Thanks in advance

@albrown00 Thanks for giving that a try! In order to see if you can get a refund, you will need to reach out to our support team directly. If within warranty, our support team would actually have replaced the Doorbell Pro for you after deeming it as faulty. They will be able to work out the best next steps for you in this unique case. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.