Ring doorbell pro keeps going off.

Good morning,

so we were watering our front garden the other day and apparently my doorbell was getting wet. Im guessing water got into the system because the door bell was going off as if someone was hitting the button, and continuously went off. After pulling it the device off my girlfriend put the device in a bag full of those silca bead packs to try to pull the water out. After a little over 24 hours i reinstalled did a full set up and it still keeps acting if someone is pressing the button. Anyone have any suggestions on what i can do or is this device toast an i need to get a new one? Thank you

Hi @Kds84! While it sounds like you took some solid steps to dry this Doorbell, perhaps give it a couple days to fully dry if you believe direct water reached the device. Ensure there is no debris on the button itself, and see if the device is reporting these events, or as online, in the Ring app.

If this concern persists after trying the above, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like