Ring doorbell pro cuts out when button is pressed

My ring doorbell pro records motion OK, but when a visitor presses the button, the video recording stops immediately, and often, the doorbell goes offline at the same time. This has been going on for some time. All the health numbers are good. This renders the feature of being able to respond to a visitor useless. Has anyone experienced this and/or have a solution?

1 Like

Hey @ElectroQTed. Do you have the Doorbell Pro wired to an internal chime kit? Can you verify if the chime kit is compatible here and if you have Pro Power Kit installed?

Yes, it’s a compatible Nutone chime and I do have the power kit installed since day one. It used to work just fine until about a year or so ago.

@ElectroQTed Thank you for verifying that! Since you have a compatible kit and the Pro Power Kit installed, it would be best to follow up with our support team on this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Yes my does the exact same thing, started a couple of months ago. Real pain in the butt. I have to turn breaker off and back on to reset the doorbell. But as soon as you press the doorbell button, bang! Offline it goes!