Ring doorbell not resetting

My doorbell worked for 1 year and then it stopped. It disconnected a month or so ago and I just haven’t reset it. I just got charged for the annual membership so I decided to reconnect it today.
It was hard wired so the battery is 100%.
The light stays solid white and does not blink.
If I press the button once, it does nothing
If I hold it for 20 seconds, it goes black then back solid.
It will not go into set up mode at all to reconnect it.
Since I can remove it, I even brought it closer to my router and that didn’t do anything either.

1 Like

Hi @Kw11! If your Doorbell model has a quick release removable battery, please take it out of the battery slot, wait a few moments, then insert the battery to see if this results in different behavior. Although the battery it is likely charged from the wiring, try applying a charge to it to see if anything changes.

Ultimately, a reset should have resolved this concern, and if there are some lights showing on the Doorbell, this is a good indicator that there is a charge to the battery. If this concern persists, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.