Ring doorbell not refreshing

I’m having trouble with the doorbell not refreshing in the app.

Hey @FF95. What do you mean refreshing? Are you talking about the Camera Tile Preview on the dashboard? Please include more information on what device you have and what concern you are having so the members in the Community can help further. :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m speaking of the preview screen within the App. I have the ring doorbell 2. I also have an android phone if that information is useful as well. I’m also having issues with notifications popping up. I understand there have been some updates to the Ring systems trying to offer more to customers. However, I’m not sure if this is causing my issues.

Thanks

@FF95 Thanks for getting back to me! As long as the device has a decent enough battery life and is online, it should update the Camera Preview. Cameras that have a constant power source such as the Ring Doorbell Pro and the Ring Floodlight Cam will generate camera images very quickly because they are constantly checking to see if the app has requested a new image. Battery operated devices such as the Ring Video Doorbell or the Spotlight Cam Battery will wait for a request from the app to generate an image. This is to save on battery life. In addition, if the tile does not update when you click on the device from here and then go back to your Dashboard, your device may have had troubles updating its firmware.

In the event you cannot get the tile to update at all, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.To learn more about the Camera Tile Preview, please visit our Help Center Article here.