cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell not recording motion

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring doorbell not recording motion

Hi, I just bought my ring doorbell August last year. It was working alright for the first month but then it just stopped recording all of a sudden and the doorbell won’t even ring even after you pressed the button so I went back to the store where I bought and they replaced it with a new one. The doorbell part works now however, the motion recording still doesn’t function how it used to be. The doorbell would send me notifications like 5 times within a matter of seconds but when I try and view it, it won’t show me anything. And when I view the history, it’s not even recorded there even though I received notifications that there was a motion. I can still do live view but not see any recordings. I’ve tried restarting it a lot of times and nothing seems to work. I’ve tested the wifi connection and it says it has good connection. I don’t know what else to do.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell not recording motion

Mine is new and does the same thing. I recommend throwing it in the trash at this point. WiFi is great and I still can't live view right after I get a notification. Junk
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Where in heck are  RING staff? They aren't weighing in on this problem with even one solution, one offer to replace a faulty product. We bought one Ring product and were thinking about getting more for the perimeter. NOW it looks like the company only wants to "ship away and slip away"!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

And my subscription as well. I bought the basic plan as soon as I bought the doorbell and now it’s saying my free trial is nearly over. Like, they only took money and clearly didn’t provide any service. What’s happening?
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Rhaine19  Have you tried reaching out to our support team here on this concern? They would be able to address any plan concerns that you may have, and to ensure that your device is in working order in the same call. If you can, please reach out to them as soon as you can, and feel free to update this thread with what they were able to do to address this. 

Additionally, neighbors, please review our Community Guidelines at your earliest convenience. Ensure that we are treating the community with respect and being helpful to one another when possible. Please note that this is a neighbor to neighbor forum, and not a direct line to support. If you are needing to get in touch with a Ring Customer Support Agent as soon as possible, it is best to reach out to them directly via phone, chat, or email. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
/* */