Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell not charging

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell not charging

Same issue that others have reported. Have had the original video doorbell hardwired since December 2018. Have had no issues. App showed 100% or close all the time. I have noticed it dropping over the past 2 months. Then I got the low battery notification. Brought it inside to charge and it would only charge to 93%. Stuck it back outside and it dropped 5% overnight. Brought it in to charge again to see if I could get it to 100% this time and it did get there. Stuck it back outside and it dropped 5% in the past two hours. I don't buy the weather excuse. I'm in the midwest but it's been a much milder winter than last year, when I had zero problems. Ring needs to fix this!!! Its ridiculous that apparently I'm going to have to bring it inside to charge every few days. Not happy!
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Yeah don’t bother . They don’t even answer anymore. I’m really started to suspect that this is all Pre planned ! No loyalty at all to clients.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Would have to agree, this issue is being ignored. Same story here, had the Ring doorbell since the Fall of 2018 and now battery is not charging. Dropped to 3% and stopped working. I figured the battery was bad. Ordered a new battery and charged it. Put in the new battery and it is losing charge just like the old one. It is showing the hardwire and heaith is good.

Extremely disappointing.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Yup, yet there is no one to answer our complaints , at this point , Let’s do a collective agreement complaint ... and sign it.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Why don't you just call it in. Call customer support. This is only a member to member support forum. It's not Ring customer service. Calling their corporate office would be the best way. I've had plenty of issues taken care of by going to the top. They have already reported this here to those above. Go to those above now.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Done that been there, they have a script ... and last they say it’s cold weather ... so no point of solution.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

I've attached the corporate office number in my screenshot. If they don't care then there's no use posting here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I noticed “Person Detection” is now an option. When did that start and is it cloud or Edge AI (on the camera)? If the detection algorithm is running on the camera that could partially or fully explain the battery depletion issue
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Thanks for your assistance. I’ll stop posting and answering ! Just ripped off all my rings and gold to garbage! I’m done ... don’t need a non working unit. Will install something that works ... even the Cheapest Chinese third category, works better. I’m giving Wyze a shot ... I already have couple of them installed , I’ll try their door bell. Cheers
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mines a couple years old and just started doing it.  I feel pretty sure it's a firmware issue.  Sounds like it's using more power than it used to, so for those who charge it doesn't last as long, and for those hardwired it uses more than it can charge.