Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell not charging

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Not charging

I live in Canada and for 3 consecutive years I had 0 issues, suddenly late 2019 I see power source battery, even though I’m hard wired, what you’re saying probably makes sense but that’s BS to me and ring should not do that, I lost 2 important happenings and I rely on ring for securely, that’s garbage ! I’m buying nest. That’s it for me. And like you, advising for people to stay away from ring. I own 3 Facebook groups with 100,000+ followers, I will make a difference.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring, you can't have this many customers having the same issue that previously never had this problem, obvioulsly there is an issue on your end. Let us know you are working on an answer.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Their answer is , it’s cold ... when other people having the same issue in Florida and Texas. So go figure. Check their Facebook page, it’s even worse.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

When I talked to customer support last week, they had me basically reboot the whole thing and take the battery out, disconnect, etc.  Once I was finished, IT WORKED--once!  The second time again it went to no charging.

It seems that it fails to accept the electricity coming from the hardwire.  I read somewhere that it installs the latest update available when it is activated by someone ringing or motion.  

It is possible that when I "rebooted" it, it went back to factory original software and accepted power but once it was rung and installed again the latest software, it failed. 

I am going to try customer service one more time and see if they can connect me to a technical person rather than someone reading a manual.  

If someone else has any other ideas, let me know.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Yup, good luck with that, been there done that 2 times already and not only they read manuals and scrips , but they have no clue what they’re doing ... this comes from a beta tester ! Ring is going down hard. Time to change
Highlighted
New Neighbor

55f here today. Still not charging. Still at 91% hooked to a 24v 40va 30volt at terminals. Cold my but. It's 55.should be charging.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

mdoyle845845 I hear you, doesn’t make sense at all! And as you see, they don’t even answer us.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Neighbors- I'm reading this post and it seems as if cold weather is the main culprit here. If you wish for more in depth troubleshooting, please call our support team at 800-656-1918. However, this sounds like expected behavior. Please review these articles for more information:

Also, if your device says battery instead of hardwired, make sure that everything is properly set up by following this help article

Please also refer to our Community Guidelines and ensure that you are following them when posting. If you need help, please ask as we'd love to get your device up and running to its full potential. Please note, we will not tolerate negative behavior. 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

55 degrees isn't extreme cold. And people in Texas report same issue. It's not cold there either.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Jennifer I am not buying this it’s been in the upper 40s the past 2 days, if this is considered extreme cold you have a serious problem. My unit is hard wired and only gets up to a max of 16% charged. I’ve never experienced this in the past 2 years.