Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell not charging

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring doorbell not charging

Have good luck with my ring doorbell till the battery went down to 3%, I've got it hardwired so I took it off and charged it up full, now I have it back up and working but it's not holding the charge what is my problem?
247 REPLIES 247
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Not charging

Have good luck with my ring doorbell till the battery went down to 3%, I've got it hardwired so I took it off and charged it up full, now I have it back up and working but it's not holding the charge what is my problem?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Not charging

I'm having the same issues... what am i doing wrong??
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell not charging

Same problem here . It's winter here, the ring is wired and batterie is at 0%.

will try to charge it again today. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! When connected to existing doorbell wires, with a power supply of 8 - 24VAC, the voltage will provide a charge to your Video Doorbell battery. With normal use and optimal conditions your battery will stay charged.

Check out our Community post for tips on how to optimize your battery life between charges. You can also learn more about the benefits of hardwired operation here. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

So a 24 volt ac power supply will charge the battery in version 1 ring?

Thanks

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the same issue
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m pretty sure something has happened since a recent firmware update. My ring doorbell 1 has been wired and always stayed at 100%. It’s now starting to drop following a recent update.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine too is hardwired and doesn't charge the battery. I have to bring mine inside and charge just like before it was hardwired.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My doorbell no longer shows being hardwired. I don't know if it's the hardware or the software that's the problem but Ring needs to address this issue. Considering getting a Nest Hello video doorbell and be done with these problems.
/* */