Ring doorbell not charging

Just today I recieved an alert on my phone showing the battery charge on the Ring was low. It was showing a 30% charge, which is funny since it’s hardwired and 4 weeks ago it was shown as hardwired on the app. Don’t know how it went from hardwired to battery. 5 weeks ago we changed the location of the bell since the drywall was down. After moving the chime and putting the drywall up it still showed hardwired. In the off chance it’s not hard wire anymore, it should have died quicker than it did, with the amount of traffic we have going in and out, heck just in one day we had 142 recorded events.

So I don’t know what is going on right now, I’m charging it to give it a full charge and I’ll see how it goes.

Added: Just to satisfy my curiosity I checked the power. The new set up is ran just like the old one and jumped off of an outlet. There is 120 volts at the outlet. Checked the power coming to the transformer it’s 120 volts, checked the power coming out of the transformer it 19.5 volts, checked the power at the button it’s 19.5 volts. So I have correct power at all points, and it’s still showing it’s on battery power.

Low and behold device health is showing its hardwired, but the battery voltage has dropped from 90% down to 67% since I did a check on it. At this rate the battery will be dead by morning time, 23% drop in just over an hour.

1 Like