cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell not charging

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Not charging

Yup, had Wyze since day one, actually I have 4 of them, 3X Ring2’s, 2xring flood.
Highlighted
RLW
New Neighbor

Maybe we'll see Wyze Doorbell soon.  See attachment pic from Reddit.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

That’s what I’m waiting for. They did the door locks ... I didn’t buy because I had just bought the latest August
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Wyze has been killing it lately.

For example out of all the Smart Locks, theirs (as far as I know) is the only one that tells you if the door is open/closed in addition to if it’s locked/unlocked. A “locked” door is useless if the deadbolt engaged to a open door. Lol

Once Wyze drops the Video Doorbell I’ll sell my Ring2. As it is, I don’t think I’m going to renew my subscription
New Neighbor II

August says that too, and has a sensor , tells you if it’s slightly open or all the way.

But , I don’t like the mechanisms , it’s plastic and if your door is new or hard to close. It breaks, i changed it twice already. I think I want to give the Wyze lock a try...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Disabling Live View seems to enhance battery live significantly. On a good day (meaning no detected activities)the battery may even get charged slightly.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thats ridiculous, we should not have to turn off features in order to save the battery. They have obviously done something in an upgrade and REFUSE to be honest and truthful with their customers and we are the ones suffering. I hope there is a lawyer out there who is having these issues in their own homes and would take on a class action law suit. This company is the worst identity in history for customer service.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Agree with you 100% my level of frustration is beyond anything ...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell not charging

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Hey neighbors! As stated prior in this thread, cold weather can certain have unfortunate effects on the lithium-ion battery used in many devices, including our battery powered Video Doorbells. Usage, number of events, and even wifi signal interference can contribute to a draining battery. Check out our Community post about battery draining for more information.

Using the existing wiring to charge your Doorbell is a great method for extending battery life. Keep in mind that variables such as power supply rating, wire gauge, length of wire run, and even an existing chime kit, can factor into resistance or differences in voltage.

We are always working to add features that will only optimize and benefit your use of your Ring devices. Resources are definitely something we keep in mind, such as the motion frequency setting which preserves battery in a high traffic environment. 

After exploring these options, if you feel your battery should be charging or maintaining a charge longer, our support team is happy to assist with more in-depth troubleshooting. 

Marley, could you please address our issues?  This is getting out of hand.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell not charging

@Marley_Ring, I see you posting and helping out others today.  Could you please provide your input on our situation and help us out?