cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!!)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!!)

The problem still exist, it has not magically disappeared. Ring customer support please respond!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Still waiting on a response. Ring doorbell pro has been offline for three days. On the phone with customer support.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Just out in a new transformer.

Ring appears to be charging, however after 5 minutes the blue light disappeared.

And the unit still not working.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

iOS app had an update. I don't know if firmware updates automatically, but NOW IT CHARGES!!! 99% battery. Thank you!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My Ring doorbell1 battery no longer will take a recharge.  This happened after I  ordered a Solar Charging mount for my doorbell.

Can I replace the battery? If not, I want to return the solar charger as it is only used on the ols Ring1 doorbell.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Called community support and after going through some standard steps - the call was referred to an “advanced technical department” to update the firmware. A few hours later, the device switched to hardwired and 12 hours later still ok. Hopefully solved.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

So...my RIng2 is new. Replaced the old button, verified the voltage at it [20v] and got it working. Then a day later - battery dead. Took it out, charged it fully, redid the device setup. And dead battery again in one day. Took out battery, charged manually and after fully charged one more setup. Again dead in 24 hours. This time I turned off all detection when I inserted the newly charged battery.  Only got 36 hours out of it.  WHAT IS THE POINT OF BUYING THIS?!?  I get it could be temp related [I do live in NH] but this is absurd.  Why does this unit not run off the 20v from the transformer and use the battery part to support system info?  Seriously... this is crap engineering going on here... I can see it and I am just a girl!   LOL

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I spoke too soon. The ring dropped from being hardwired after 48 hours and is now back to showing battery only. Now awaiting a callback from the "advanced technical department"...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My ring doorbell has always been "hardwired", but suddenly switched to "battery" about 2-3 months ago. I have charged the unit for 2 days and the app shows battery at 100%. When reconnecting, device shows battery level at 16%. I have tried charging/reinstalling the device at least a dozen times over the past few weeks. I have tried all methods of fixing the hardwire connection including replacing base plate, and all wiring (all products purchased from Ring.com) without success. Very frustrating as this unit had been hardwired for the past several years without issue. Has my device gone bad?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’ve just noticed the same problem. My ring doorbell is hardwired and have never had any battery low percentage. I live in Monterrey, Mexico and the weather here is extremely hot (98 fahrenheit), so I don’t think the cold weather is the only issue or the issue at all.