cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!!)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!!)

Same problem. I charged full yesterday and today it's 95%
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same here.  I had no problem until all the updates and now my battery will not last 4 days.  After 8 months of working fine Im subjected to ' yeah its something you did different, like more traffic ' only to know full well it started after they added all the features.  Hmm more activations... I'm in lock down in a dead end street... 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue.   I'll try support and report back..  My device is less than a year old, so, I'm going to push for a full replacement under warranty if they can't get this fixed.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just installed mine tonight and having the same issue. It is showing successfully hardwired and healthy, but the battery keeps going low.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Newbie to this thread.   Same probem.  Complete recharge twice in last 30 days. Last recharge 04/28/2020.  Now down to 90%. Less than 12 incidents per day.  Looking at Nest as this has now happened twice (Ring shut down from lack of power)  during days that it was needed.    Ring shows hardwired.  No problems prior to January.

Come on Ring, tell us what is up?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I fixed the not charging/ door bell not ringing issue!!! It’s an easy fix. I had power at the two screw terminals on the back plate , I did not have power at j3 terminal 1 and j5 terminal 1 . The contacts are coated to protect the contact from corrosion. Just lightly sand the back plate terminals. See the attached photo.
Now my ring shows hardwired , charges and actually works as a doorbell.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

You have ring doorbell but the others they have ring doorbell 2, it's different. You should put the exactly what doorbell you have otherwise ring manager will mark it's solved again. Or you are one of them?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey i hear you on this one, it can be frustrating. I had simliar issue a few months ago and stumbled across this which helped!

https://thatguyreviews.com/ring-doorbell-not-charging-hardwired/

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue with a new install of the original Ring doorbell. Showing battery while hardwired and battery percentage dropping daily. Called support and went through the diagnostics and during the call he found a memo showing it was a firmware issue. Note; I live in Florida so it is not due to cold weather. Voltage was confirmed via multimeter at the screws. Support advised they are working on a fix and will notify me with a resolution. I also have a Ring 2 doorbell with no issues. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the Ring Original Doorbell.  All was working well (3 years) until yesterday (5/2/20).  I updated my WiFi router and took the ring doorbell down to connect to new network.  After that it connected then dropped.  Now it only shows Battery even though it is hardwired.  Tested the power at the terminals, all good.  Now it won't connect to network.  I am assuming the battery is to low to connect.  I have it on USB charge.  New firmware screwed things up.