Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!)

I installed my Ring 3 in mid-April. After getting past some initial problems (weak WiFi signal, oxidized old doorbell wiring), the hardwired connection began to charge the Ring battery, which afterward stayed at 100%. Everything was working fine and there were no problems with battery discharge for several weeks. However, about 10 days ago the battery started to slowly drain by one percent each day. The Ring App showed it was still “hardwired”, but I disassembled things and rechecked the Ring voltage at the terminals to make sure. It registered 16VAC. I recharged the battery manually and reinstalled it, but that same discharge cycle repeated itself. I was about to order a spare battery to provide a ready alternate for no downtime, but I decided to closely inspect the actual battery contacts. They looked clean and shiny. Being curious, I then peered up into the Ring itself to check the mating contacts. It turns out those contacts are spring-loaded, like tumblers in a key lock, so I used my finger to exercise all the pins up and down a few times, just for luck. I reinserted the battery (slightly forcefully) and decided to give it one more overnight chance. To my amazement, the next morning the charge percentage had gone up! Within a day it reached 100% and has remained there ever since. Possibly one or more contacts got stuck? I don’t really know…