Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!)

Hello.

I have the same draining problem.

I received the new Ring 3 on its release date, April 8,2020.

From day 1 the the HDR setting would turn off…not yet solved.

There are two ways of hooking up your wires to the doorbell. (not including solar charger) Both ways will read “hardwired” on your app. Most “hardwired” are hooked up using the the two exiting wires with no further configuration. I changed my wiring directly to a 24volt transformer using the required Ring resistor. My transformer has enough power to feed many Ring doorbells together.

About 1 week ago there was an update from version 5.25.0 to version 5.26.1. Since this new update my battery is also draining. I watched it slowly drain and getting warnings the battery was getting critically low, although my battery icon was at 100% value. I did not charge battery because I wanted to see what would happen at the “0” level.

At 3% my Ring device went dark…even though the battery icon was at 100%. I spoke to tech support and he seemed totally surprised. He then told me my battery was defective and would send me a new battery.

He told me to reset/reboot my device when my battery was fully charged. So it took approx 8 hrs for my battery to charge. A reset is starting over like “out of the box”.

So before my reboot I had my "Snapshot feature at 3 minute intervals. (most battery drain)

After reboot the most frequent snapshot I can get is every 14 minutes. (tech support no help and was baffled buy this problem as well.)

I since purchased a new battery and anticipating a battery from Ring as well.

So as of now: My HDR still switching off…My “snapshot” feature has gone from every 3 minutes to every 14 minute and cannot go less…And my newly purchased battery is STILL draining.

In 1969 they put a man on the moon but ring cannot fix these issues?!

There are a lot of talented coders looking for work. Maybe Ring should start hiring.

Thank you.