Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!)

Ring @Chelsea_Ring

This is the worst experience that we are all incurring, and especially during a time when crime is up in our neighborhoods due to people being without a job because of the pandemic. God forbid a crime occur and we don’t have it recorded because our vendor: Ring, and technology: Ring Video Doorbell 2 failed us!

My Power Status consistently shows “very poor” and Battery Level 4% regardless of the time of day, temperature outside, or after performing all of the recommended trouble shooting steps multiple times. The app itself also continues to freeze, and I cannot access my videos (for the ones that actually record), my live view, or neighbor videos and comments because the app just freezes up constantly. The solar charger status shows connected, and there are more videos that record during the day for sure, so this must be the ONLY way it’s staying powered at all. My videos have gone almost non-existent at night, which is when all of the crime occurs unfortunately!!! What good does having this product do us if it’s failing to record ALL incidents like it advertises??!! And the advice to change the motion settings to less recordings is embarassing for Ring to even suggest as a resolution. Why would I limit recording motions that I want to detect to ensure that I capture any and every thing that occurs in front of my home? That’s why I bought the product in the first place!

With the amount of feedback from the community all having the same issues and pinpointing it to when your firmware was released that caused the issue, Ring needs to acknowledged this problem and identify a resolution and push a fix immediately. You do not want to be held accountable or show failure and poor customer service during a time when consumers can make a decision to take their business, money and loyalty elsewhere. You ensured you withdrew my annual fee a few days ago with no problem, so I would expect the same respect due back to me in rectifying this issue, and quickly, before it results in a catastrophic loss for Ring. If you choose to not rectify this issue, I will expect a $30 refund issued to me immediately.

Also, I’ve found other articles where consumers have had to call customer service multiple times and when trouble shooting would not solve the issue, a replacement product was sent to the consumer. Is this what Ring is going to suggest to do for ALL CONSUMERS experiencing this issue? Previous Issue Reported

Thank you!