Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!)

Have they solved it??? I have the same issue

2 Likes

My Doorbell went completely offline, it has taken 2 days of resetting and charging to even get the doorbell to make a sound when the button is pressed.

Now it is back to working, BUT it is showing Battery not Hardwired, which it was showing for the past year.

Same issue. Bought brand new a few months ago and now doesn’t work. It’s been hard wired since inception. About to get rid of this and flood light. BS product

1 Like

ring door bell does not charge. Or at least does not show is it charged on the app. was showing 13%. Now showing 16% charge after 3 days of charging. Blue light on front flashed at 1 o clock and constant blue light at 12 o clock.

Looks like we have the same problem. Have done latest firmware update about a week ago.

Any ideas?

1 Like

If it helps in you investigation I have same problem too. Hardwired and it still says hardwired . It was charging the battery for 3 months since installed it and now suddenly does not and also live view takes ages saying phone connection weak … while phone is running 100mbps wifi network. It’s simple investigation , you have sent the update what made devices failing, could you please reverse software update or replace devices ? Thanks

4 Likes

I’ve have the same issue actually talked with support a few weeks ago, to reset my video doorbell after battery died, at no point did she acknowledge this issue. I charged it and a week later died again, earlier in the week I check the health status and did not see wired only battery, odd. I have 19volts at the doorbell.

Ring please refund my yrly $30 dollars and I,d like a refund on my V/DB. Did not know when I bought it that it had such a short end of life.

Can anyone recommend a better product.

Thanks.

1 Like

Call customer service. Get your money for the subscription that’s left. If you had the doorbell less than a year, it can be replaced. If not, you’re out of luck. They won’t give you money for your doorbell. Their are plenty of other brands doing the same thing. I’d research to see what fits you better since each has its ups and downs. Nothing is perfect.

@Chelsea_Ring, look at these replies.

NO AMOUNT OF TROUBLESHOOTING ON OUR END WILL RESOLVE **YOUR** PROBLEM!

Every single one of us are experiencing horrible battery charging after your update in January.

I bought this as a present for my old folks. It worked great for the first couple weeks until it took an update and the battery started to die while remaining hardwired, there is absolutely nothing we have done to do this.

Talk about mislabeled products. What ever happened to this being hardwired? I got it for this purpose specifically.

NOWHERE DOES IT STATE ON THE BOX THAT THE HARDWIRE DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNLESS YOU LIVE IN THE TROPICS! If you live in the US or Canada, or anywhere that sees cold, this is now strictly a battery only camera doorbell, not what you paid for or was advertised as!

3 Likes

Also, it’s been +10 here the last few days. The moment the sun goes down, the doorbell stops charging. The sun during the day is still not enough power to charge this stupid thing. It hasn’t seen 100% charge

1 Like

I’ve spoken to support and they guide me through the reset process and that didn’t work. Also now got a new issue that doorbell says poor connection even when next to router and while show -43 rssi. Join few ring doorbell groups on facebook and you’ll see tens of thousands of people reporting same type of problems. On this problem ring support didn’t want to comment and guy said to me I will log your concern and rushed me off the chat. This is not device anyone purchased Ring team.

2 Likes

Ring @Chelsea_Ring

This is the worst experience that we are all incurring, and especially during a time when crime is up in our neighborhoods due to people being without a job because of the pandemic. God forbid a crime occur and we don’t have it recorded because our vendor: Ring, and technology: Ring Video Doorbell 2 failed us!

My Power Status consistently shows “very poor” and Battery Level 4% regardless of the time of day, temperature outside, or after performing all of the recommended trouble shooting steps multiple times. The app itself also continues to freeze, and I cannot access my videos (for the ones that actually record), my live view, or neighbor videos and comments because the app just freezes up constantly. The solar charger status shows connected, and there are more videos that record during the day for sure, so this must be the ONLY way it’s staying powered at all. My videos have gone almost non-existent at night, which is when all of the crime occurs unfortunately!!! What good does having this product do us if it’s failing to record ALL incidents like it advertises??!! And the advice to change the motion settings to less recordings is embarassing for Ring to even suggest as a resolution. Why would I limit recording motions that I want to detect to ensure that I capture any and every thing that occurs in front of my home? That’s why I bought the product in the first place!

With the amount of feedback from the community all having the same issues and pinpointing it to when your firmware was released that caused the issue, Ring needs to acknowledged this problem and identify a resolution and push a fix immediately. You do not want to be held accountable or show failure and poor customer service during a time when consumers can make a decision to take their business, money and loyalty elsewhere. You ensured you withdrew my annual fee a few days ago with no problem, so I would expect the same respect due back to me in rectifying this issue, and quickly, before it results in a catastrophic loss for Ring. If you choose to not rectify this issue, I will expect a $30 refund issued to me immediately.

Also, I’ve found other articles where consumers have had to call customer service multiple times and when trouble shooting would not solve the issue, a replacement product was sent to the consumer. Is this what Ring is going to suggest to do for ALL CONSUMERS experiencing this issue? Previous Issue Reported

Thank you!

Thank you everyone. Ring please provide a response of how this will be resolved. I have purchased two products with the intent of purchasing more to have a full system through ring. At this time I have ceased any further purchases and have begun researching other options (Nest) due to your non response.

We value your feedback, and we continue to share this with our teams here. As we investigate this matter, we ask that you consider the number of factors that can drain a battery. This includes:

• Cold Weather, even if only overnight during peak low temperature.
  • Too many events per day, or frequent lengthy live views.
  • Ensuring wifi signal, or RSSI, is good and to recharge the battery to 100% each time will help your Ring device work efficiently in reference to time between charges.

If you feel that your concern is persisting and is not related to any of the variables above, please reach out to our support team for both in-depth troubleshooting and to provide our team with individual examples of your concerns.

Mine stopped charging after the update as well. It still says hardwired but I now have to take the battery out and recharge it with the usb. It worked all thru the winter and stops now.

2 Likes

Ring team this is definitely a significant issue.

So basically this device is unusable if it’s low temps in terms of motion detection. My properly hardwired device went from 93 percent to 88 percent in ONE NIGHT because the temperature was “too cold” and I had too many motion events.

Like someone said at this point this device is nothing more than a trickle charge doorbell when it’s 90 degrees outside with no motion events.

Good luck with that lol.

I’m seeing numerous people with the same issue and Ring not providing a real answer, so I am going to start removing my devices and seeing if anyone wants them, cancelling my subscriptions and moving to Next. Very unfortunate Ring, this is on you.

inb4 customer service copy/paste post about how this is a user issue and the battery life can be impacted by colder temps/motion events ignoring the real context of 99% of the complaints.

Hi, I am new to this Ring Doorbell 3, I have the same issues and I get about 5-7 events per day. My battery drops a couple percent per day. I have it connected to my existing doorbell transformer which is at 16.58 VAC ± 1%, I have another transformer that is at 27 VAC ± 1% but did not use that one since it is above 24 VAC recomended by Ring. I think this is a defect in their design. I only had this for less than a week and am not impressed.

Same issue for me in the UK. Was working fine and all of sudden the hardwired stopped and just showing battery.

So I’ve just bought a Ring 3. Got an existing mechanical doorbell with 8V AC transformer.

Existing circuit working fine and tested.
Installed Ring Doorbell 2 no issues but shows as battery only and not hardwired (not sure what the Ring app shows but mine just shows a battery).

Is this definitely a firmware issue? Was going to buy another transformer but looks like other people have done this and it hasn’t resolved the issue. The label in the ring says it supports from 8-24V.
Also tried hard reset, that didn’t work either.
I only want this if it will charge off the circuit, can’t be bothered with charging batteries.